Join TEAM UCP: We empower people to live a meaningful life through innovative support and services.
At UCP, we share a passion and a purpose: to empower people to live meaningful lives.
Our commitment to the people we support equips them to realize their full potential and live with the greatest degree of independence. But we don’t stop at changing lives. We also work to change public perception as we relentlessly pursue a vision of communities that embrace the abilities of every individual.
If you would like to start an exciting career with an organization committed to excellence and innovation, please consider joining the new UCP of Central PA team and start a rewarding career!
What you’ll do:
Apply effective, sensitive communication skills to build rapport and channels of communication by recognizing and adapting to the range of participant communication styles.
What we’re looking for –
At a minimum, you’ll need:
• High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate required. Associate’s Degree or technical certification within a related area preferred. 6 months to 2 years of previous jobs related experience preferred.
• A valid driver’s license with a clean record (no DUIs within the last five years).
• Access to regular use of a vehicle with valid insurance coverage.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Flexible to work all assigned work schedules including holidays, evenings, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
• Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
It’d be great if you also have:
• Knowledge specific to the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism, and/or the aging population.